Have you heard What is JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC injectable gel?
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC injectable gel is the first and only filler FDA-approved to instantly add volume to the cheek area. It gives you a subtle lift, helping to restore contour and a more youthful profile, for up to 2 years, in patients over the age of 21. It's different than JUVÉDERM® XC and works on a different area of the face. JUVÉDERM® XC smoothes out moderate to severe wrinkles and folds around the nose and mouth like parentheses. JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC, however, adds volume to the cheek area.
What else should you know about JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC?
- First and only Hyaluronic Acid (HA) filler FDA-approved to instantly add volume to the cheek area, resulting in a subtle lift
- Clinically proven to last up to 2 years with optimal treatment
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC is from the makers of the #1 family of fillers
- After 24 hours, you should be able to resume your normal activities
- Side effects are moderate and generally last 2 to 4 weeks. Common side effects include temporary reactions at the treatment site such as tenderness, swelling, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, pain, redness, discoloration, and itching.
Hyaluronic Acid (HA) is a naturally occurring, hydrating substance found in your skin. As you age, you start to lose HA, which causes the skin to lose structure and volume.
As you age, it's not just about lines and wrinkles. Your cheeks can also lose volume and the skin may begin to sag. That's where JUVÉDERM VOLUMA®XC can help.
Non-surgical JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC is the first and only FDA-approved injectable gel to instantly add volume to your cheek area. By creating contour and lift, it can help restore a more youthful profile for up to two years with optimal treatment. See how it works.
Why JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC
- First and only FDA-approved injectable gel to instantly add volume to your cheek area to correct age-related volume loss
- Instant, natural-looking results last up to two years with optimal treatment
- From the makers of the #1 selling family of fillers
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC IMPORTANT INFORMATION
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC injectable gel is for deep injection in the cheek area to correct age-related volume loss in adults over the age of 21.
Are there any reasons why I should not receive JUVÉDERM VOLUMA®XC?
What precautions should my doctor advise me about?
- The safety of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC injectable gel for use during pregnancy, in women who are breastfeeding, or in patients with very thin skin in the cheek area has not been studied
- The safety for use in patients under 35 years or over 65 years has not been studied
- The safety and effectiveness for treatment in areas other than the cheek area have not been established
- The safety for use in patients with a history of excessive scarring or pigmentation disorders has not been studied and may result in additional scars or changes in pigmentation
- The long-term safety of repeat treatments has not been established
- Patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection may be at a higher risk for side effects
- Tell your doctor if you are on therapy used to decrease the body's immune response (immunosuppressive therapy). Use may result in an increased risk of infection
- Tell your doctor if you are using medications that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners; as with any injection, this may result in increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site
- Minimize strenuous exercise and exposure to extensive sun or heat within the first 24 hours following treatment
What are possible side effects?
Side effects are moderate (uncomfortable) and generally last 2 to 4 weeks. The most common side effects include temporary reactions at the treatment site such as tenderness, swelling, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, pain, redness, discoloration, and itching.
To report a side effect, please call Allergan Product Surveillance at 1-877-345-5372.
For more information, please download Safety Information for JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC, JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus XC,JUVÉDERM® Ultra, JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus, and JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC, or call the Allergan Medical Information line at 1-800-433-8871.
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC injectable gel is available by prescription only.