Modern Medical & Wellness can meet all of your physical examination needs. Our physicals are performed by Board Certified Physicians and Physician Assistants who can often perform a physical within the same day or next of your request. We offer great pricing and services. We accept appointments, so there is usually minimal to no wait time. We have one convenient location to service you.
Our offices are open Monday through Thursday, 9 AM to 5 PM. We are open Friday and Saturday by appointment only.
In addition to our physical exams, we provide many other services you may need at the same visit. In addition to receiving quality health care you can have laboratory testing performed right in our office.
Our providers can also provide vaccinations that may be needed for personal health, travel, work, or school.
Diagnostic testing is available to accompany your physical if needed. The Board Certified Clinician can provide referral to a wide range of specialists as needed including primary care, gastroenterology, cardiology, pulmonary, and many others.
Modern Medical & Wellness can do laboratory testing and diagnostic testing for your physical such as :
- Laboratory Testing
- Ultrasound Services
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Cardiac Stress Testing
- Chest X-Rays
- Audiometric (Hearing) Testing
- Vision Screening
We provide both employment and pre-employment physical examinations. We can custom design a program that meets any employer’s needs.
As part of our pre-employment physicals. We can also do preemployment drug testing, lab work, audiometric testing.
We do employment physicals for a wide array of industries, as part of our employment physical program. We can custom make a program that suits your company’s needs, such as biometric testing, drug screening and much more.
Additionally, some companies offer an annual wellness physical as part of their benefits package. This annual physical can save your company significant amount's of money on your employee health insurance by catching preventable diseases early and getting your employees involved in disease management if needed. We can provide the entire array of health screening in disease management, custom-made to your company’s needs. Talk to your insurance provider about how much money you can save by entering a wellness program with us.
We provide physicals for students at discounted pricing. Whether it is a high school physical, college physical or physical to participate in an allied health program. We can help.
In addition to your school physical we can provide you with all the other testing you might need such as TB skin testing, vaccinations, titers , drug screening or any other test your school may require.
Additionally, we waive all administrative fee and office fees for students. When you combine our student discount with the fact that we provide all your services in one location. We feel we are the best option for students. In addition, we keep electronic medical records and with your consent, we can send your records directly to your school or email them to you.
How students save MONEY with our services?
- We offer student discounts (with student ID)
- We waive the administrative/office fee for students. Other clinics can charge up to $25 administrative fee per visit. This can add $75 extra to a three shot series like Hepatitis B Vaccine.
- We can review student’s vaccination records and offer ONLY the vaccines needed based on the schools requirements which can help save time and money.
- We can draw blood titers in house for vaccines you may already have had or been exposed to, as proof for your school. This can be a fraction of the cost of getting the vaccine again. We email you the titer results!!
- Our Titers prices are up to 50% lower than most labs.
- We can make help students complete vaccines for clinical rotations or school deadlines by scheduling vaccines in a series in advance. We even send you an email reminder when your next vaccine is due!
- We keep Electronic Medical records and also input all vaccinations into the WebIZ Database, so you will have a permanent immunization record for the rest of your career.
We provide sports physicals for any high school or college sports, as well as for intramural activities and even things like Boy Scout physicals.
We extend the same student discounts to sports physicals for high school and college students.
Our Board Certified Doctors and Physician Assistants perform sports physicals for:
- Mixed Martial Arts
- And Many More!
We can usually book same or next day appointments to accommodate you so that you can start your sports and activities without any delay. The pre-participating physical is used to ensure that the athlete is healthy and without any conditions that may affect the athlete’s ability to perform safely in the activity.
Our executive physicals are designed to match our patient's needs. In addition to performing an extensive physical exam, we offer in conjunction with our physicals, other preventive health screening tests. With consultation with our clinician we can provide you with any appropriate blood testing, chest x-rays, CAT scans and screening ultrasounds of almost any part of the body.
Executive Health Programs are an efficient way to manage the health and reduce absence for the busy executive. Our executive physicals are customized to your personal health needs.
Our Board Certified Physicians and Physician Assistants can perform:
- A comprehensive medical history and physical exam
- Referrals to sub specialists as needed
- Age appropriate screening tests as needed (i.e. EKG, Mammography, Colonoscopy, Vascular Ultrasounds)
- A review and update of immunizations, including those needed for international travel
- A full report of your test results
DOT and Commercial Driver’s License Exams
Periodic medical exams are required by the Department of Transportation for all Commercial Drivers. This is to ensure the ability of the driver to safely operate a commercial vehicle.
DOT or CDL exams are performed by Board Certified Physicians and Physician Assistants. We can usually accommodate same or next day appointments.
- We provide the medical examiner certificate and medical examiner form
- Exam performed to the standards of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
What to expect during your DOT exam?
- Please bring your driver’s license
- The medical form, Form 649-F (6045) will be provided by our office. You can also download the form from the following link: Medical Examination Report for Commercial Driver Fitness Determination
- A urinalysis will be performed to help screen for diseases such as diabetes or kidney disease
- If you wear corrective lenses, please bring them with you for the examination as an eye exam will be performed.
- Your medical certificate will be issued provided no complicated medical issues exist.
Pre-Deployment and Post-Deployment Physicals
Our Deployment physical exams are tailored to the needs of patients who work and travel internationally. The importance of a thorough medical exam prior to deployment is key to avoid the risks and costs associated with medical care internationally. Modern Medical & Wellness provides thorough Pre-Deployment and Post-Deployment physicals, laboratory, and diagnostic testing that are age-appropriate and meet the needs of the deployment. We can assist military or government-contractors employing civilians in being compliant with Department of Defense (DOD) standards. We screen for the medical, psychological, and physical fitness requirements that must be met in order to be able to support Contingency Operations abroad.
The Post-Deployment physical exam is specifically tailored to screen patients returning from international travel for medical and psychological issues that are a risk for certain travelers and professions.
Pre-Deployment and Post-Deployment Physicals include:
- Medical History and Physical performed by a Board Certified Medical Doctor or Physician Assistants
- Complete Laboratory Testing Including: DNA Testing, Blood Type, G6PD
- Vision Screening
- Hearing Testing (Also known as Audiometric testing or Audiogram)
- Immunizations- We provide all vaccines available in the United States, including exotic vaccines such as Japanese Encephalitis, Yellow Fever, and Typhoid. We follow CDC guidelines for immunizations.
- TB Skin Testing
- One Step TB Test
- Two Step TB Test
- Drug and Alcohol Testing: We can perform Urine, Hair, and Blood Testing
- EKG, Spirometry (Pulmonary Function Testing), Chest X-Ray, and Sleep Study Testing Available
- Medications for Deployment such as Anti-Malaria, Traveler’s Diarrhea, Motion Sickness, and Jet Lag.
- Referrals to specialists or sub-specialists as needed
Annual Well-Being Physical Exam
Our annual well-being exam is designed to be age-appropriate and custom-made for our patients needs. In addition to our exam we do age-appropriate health screenings such as colonoscopies, Pap smears, mammograms and biometric testing and screening ultrasounds. Our biometric testing can be exhaustive and is designed for the patients needs. We can provide routine blood testing, including CBC, metabolic panel, lipid profile, as well as age and gender appropriate testing. Such as PSA and thyroid function testing. In addition, if you have any concerns based on family history or other concerns. You can speak to our clinician about how to best address those issues.